- how and when the club collects personal information;
- how the club uses and discloses personal information;
- how the club keeps personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
- how an individual can access and correct their personal information;
- and how the club will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint.
During your interaction with the club we may ask you to provide personal information about you. This information may be provided by you directly or it may be recorded as you use the club’s digital assets. The personal information we collect is used for purposes directly relating to activities or services that we provide.
In this document “the club”, “we” or “us” refers to Mini Jet WA Inc and any relevant subsidiary businesses.
In this document, the word “data” may be used to refer to personal information stored about you.
The terms “digital assets” and “online resources” refers to any item or device that you may encounter when interacting with the club digitally. These may include, but are not limited to the club’s: websites, social media pages, direct marketing communications, or third party listing pages.
What is personal information?
Personal information is defined under the Privacy Act 1988 to mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably identifiable, from the information or opinion.
The type of information includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- your contact information such as full name (first and last), email address, postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
- your date of birth;
- proof of your identity (including, but not limited to, driver’s license, passport, birth certificate);
- if applicable, emergency contact details;
- details required as part of your club membership, including but not limited to the information required under the members and visitors registers;
- whether you participated in any activity or event organised by the club;
- photographs or video footage which may include you;
- your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by the club; and
- if you are requesting products or services from us or we are purchasing goods or services from you, then any relevant payment or billing information (including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit, credit card details, billing address, repayment information and invoice details).
When you engage in certain activities, such as entering a contest or promotion, filling out a survey or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information, which you may withhold or provide at your own discretion. It is optional for you to engage in these activities.
Depending upon the reason for requiring the information, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data or any other information we require in order for us to provide our services to you, we may be unable to provide or effectively provide our services to you.
Collection of personal infomation
The personal information we collect is used for purposes directly relating to activities or services that we provide, such as:
- to provide information about a product, service or event;
- to provide delivery of a product, service or event you have purchased;
- to deliver information to you via a subscription service that you have agreed to receive;
- to publicise information about a product, service or event that you are organising; and
- for normal communication between you and the club.
- to deliver information or provide you with products and services that you have requested;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events that might interest you; and
- to answer your questions, provide you with information or advice, or consider and respond to requests or complaints made by you.
You have the option of not identifying yourself, or using a pseudonym, when communicating with the club. However, in many cases, for us to legally provide our services we require you to legally identify yourself. These include but are not limited to:
- membership registration
- cruise manifests
Generally, individuals can use our digital services without identifying themselves. We may collect device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device to access or interact with us through our online resources. This information may include session cookies, information about the type of device you are using, IP address or server location. In some cases, these identifiers may only relate to a device or may be of an aggregated or statistical nature, and will not identify you as the user. In other cases we may associate information about your use of the website and other digital services over time with your personal information (e.g. where on any occasion you have logged in, followed a link sent to you by email or we have otherwise been able to identify you).
Data quality and security
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information that we hold about you from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse or modification. We may retain your personal information in hardcopy or electronic format.
If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. Information held in electronic form is generally held on servers controlled by us and on servers controlled by third parties. We use physical security, password protection and other measures to ensure that personal information stored in electronic form is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Personal information collected in hardcopy form may be converted to electronic form. Information held in a hardcopy form is generally securely stored with physical security measures to ensure that personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The accuracy of personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, so we recommend that you:
(a) let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
(b) keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or postal address).
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you that we possess, except in some exceptional circumstances provided by law (e.g. secrecy provisions under the Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Laws). You are also entitled to edit and correct such information if the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. You are required to provide supporting evidence of any change.
If you would like access to or correct any records of personal information we have about you, you are able to access and update that information (subject to the above) by contacting us via the details set out at the end of this document.
You will be required to identify yourself before we provide access to your information or correct it.
We take reasonable steps to delete or securely destroy your personal information where it is no longer required. You may request to have your personal information removed from our records or deleted at any time. To do so contact us using the details set out at the end of this document
Direct marketing, unsubscribing and spam
We may send you direct marketing communications to keep you informed about membership updates, news, events, products or services that the club provides. Direct marketing may be delivered via email, SMS, social media, post or phone.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
Methods of opting-in to receiving such communications include: registering to become a member, purchasing a product or service, or directly providing your personal information when subscribing to receive communications or participating in a promotion or competition.
You have the right to “opt-out” of direct marketing communication at any time. To do so please inform us in person, via phone, email or in writing via the details set out at the end of this document. You can instantaneously “opt-out” of emails by using the unsubscribe link on the footer of an email communication, and SMS by using the opt-out link in the message content.
The club adheres to the Australian Spam Act 2003. If you receive a communication from us via email or SMS it is because you have consented to do so. We will not spam your email address or mobile number. We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
Payments and credit card security
The club does not directly process credit card payments through any of its online systems. When credit card payments are required you are redirected to a third party payment system. The club is not liable for the unauthorised access, disclosure, loss or misuse of any credit card information you provide to a third party.
Do not provide credit card information to the club via email or in writing. The club cannot be held liable for the unauthorised access, disclosure, loss or misuse of credit card details provided via email or in writing. Such information provided will be securely destroyed.
Disclosure pf your personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties except in the case where we utilise third parties to provide services. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may use and disclose your personal information:
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, risk management, fraud and loss prevention activities;
- for product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our service providers provide products and services to us and you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and perform research and statistical analysis using such feedback; and
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Third parties to whom we may disclose personal information or whom collect information on our behalf may include booking systems, marketing and communications agencies, data analysts, IT service providers and our advisors (including legal and financial advisors). Third party organisations which we use to collect, store or disclose information too are listed below.
In your digital interactions with the club you may be linked to, asked to provide personal information to, or we may provide personal information on your behalf to; a third party service. In such cases we only connect to such third parties in order to provide essential services or business processes. Third party services may be located overseas, specifically in the United States, United Kingdom and New Zealand.
The Club is not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, any third party websites. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of these parties which can be found on their websites.
Third parties may include, but are not limited to:
- Square, Stripe – process online payments.
- Google – various tools track how visitors use our online services, provide tailored advertising and business listings.
- Facebook & Instagram – social media services that allow the Club to effectively communicate.
- Hosting and server providers.
- From time-to-time we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes. Such use will be explained at the time of collection.
Mini Jet WA Inc only collects personal information insofar as it is necessary for our functions or activities.
Mini Jet WA Inc will not collect sensitive material as that term is defined in the Privacy Act without the prior consent of its online customers.
Mini Jet WA Inc shall do all that is reasonably possible to ensure information collected by it as accurate, complete and up to date.
Mini Jet WA Inc takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information provided from unauthorised access.
Mini Jet WA Inc takes all reasonable steps to identify and destroy information that is no longer required by it.
Mini Jet WA Inc allows access to personal information obtained by it from an online customer to that online customer.
Mini Jet WA Inc will not transfer personal information outside the Commonwealth of Australia unless it meets the requirements under National Privacy Principle 9.
Mini Jet WA Inc
Phone: 0416 611 793
The content of this website is provided for general information purposes only. The information on the website is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
By using this site you may encounter links to and services provided by third parties. Such third party relationships exist to optimise your online experience with this website and the Mini Jet WA Inc. The club cannot be held liable for how your personal information is collected, stored or protected by such third parties. Where possible, we have taken reasonable steps to ensure such third parties are reputable and follow privacy protection best practices. A list of third parties we work with can be found later in this document.